Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staff Feedback

Tom Hopes August 29, 2019

Hi,

I would like to create a function which allows staff to submit ideas or IT feedback and once they have been reviewed get displayed on a page.

Ideally I would like staff to be able to vote on the ideas but I think there has been issues with that particular part so don't want to get hung up on that.

Does anyone have a guide I can follow to do this? I want this to be separate from our IT service desk's.

Thanks,

Tom

1 answer

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2019

Hi Tom,

One suggestion that may or may not work for you:

You could set up a separate service desk where staff have access to the Jira Service Desk project as collaborators. That way people can submit their ideas or IT feedback.

If you have Confluence, you can set up the macro to display a list of all this issue type "Feedback", so they can see it all in the page. (If you want to add a status to the workflow "Approved" or a label, that would be a way to filter the issues that you want people to see) Since staff are collaborators, they can go into the issue and vote for it if they like it (provided you have voting enabled in your Jira instance).

Carolyn

Tom Hopes August 30, 2019

Thanks for replying.

I've created separate service desk so through the customer portal they can submit ideas and IT feedback. 

Now the question is how to display to all our users as I have confluence, but as I understand you have to be a licensed user to view it. 

We have 100 staff and I don't want to license each user.

Am I correct?

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2019

Hi Tom, 

You're welcome!

Does your staff have licenses in Jira Software? It may be as simple as a Dashboard, if so. Actually jira.atlassian.com is just an public project to collect suggestions and bugs. You could do the same if you don't mind having it open to the staff that would like to vote.

If not, we'll have to keep thinking. You can have a knowledge base connected to the project for unlicensed users to view Confluence pages, but I don't think this will be helpful in your case. They won't be able to see each other's suggestions unless you add them to the same Organization. Also, there's a hitch with voting from the Customer Portal: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1743

If you implemented an issue clone triggered by going into a status "Reviewed", then you could put all the reviewed issues in a public project for people to vote on? I'm thinking out loud here to help figure out how to do this. Hope you get some ideas from this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events