Sorting issues in JIRA SD by team of four using one account

Anatoliy_Dobrynskyy April 13, 2015

We have one team of four people working in shifts as a Support Team but using one account for JIRA Service Desk so we do not miss any ticket or comment on a ticket. So in JIRA SD we have one asignee but four different people working as the asignee on different hours.

Is there any way to sort the tickets and create a custom board or something like that so our support team members can easily find the tickets that were done by them or tickets that are in progress but should be done by specific team member?

Support team members do not have their personal accounts in JIRA SD. They are using one account.

Thank you for your help!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jon-paul.cameron April 13, 2015

Custom field where the agents have to choose their names from a picklist as to issue owner - so even though they are using a shared licence, they identify themselves as working on particular tickets. This can then be used on dashboards to show who is working / worked on what?

Could also be used to designate who works on what ticket.

Hope that helps - cant think of a simpler solution.

0 votes
NikNasty April 14, 2015

Hi Anatoliy, 

You can use this plugin to have users automatically added to issues as they're created (or defined by your JQL). Have a look here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.addon.connect.jiraautowatch

At Atlassian, our SD team has created a queue for "all issues waiting support" (where assignee = unassigned) and a queue for issues "in progress" (where assignee = agent1, agent2, agent3 or agent4). This effectively creates 2 queues that contains 1) all tickets not currently being worked on and 2) all tickets currently being handled or worked on by someone. It's nice to have a separation between the two statuses 

Moreover, it's best practice to have your support agents reassign the tickets to the next agent when their shift is over, or return the ticket back to the queue by changing assignee to unassigned

0 votes
Simon Bauer April 13, 2015

I don't think Atlassian will be too happy with your solution because you're basically paying for one licence but are using three agents. wink

Anyways, as long as you don't assign specific Agent accounts for your individual Support Team members I don't think this will work. Afaik you kann only filter Issues to specific user accounts, but if you share one account between different users, how is SD supposed to know, which user is currently using that account?

Anatoliy_Dobrynskyy April 13, 2015

We have enough licences for all the agents. But the thing is that if we assign ticket to a specific agent then only this agent will receive updates on the issue. So when an agent leaves his shift or goes to vacation we are not able to see updates on his issues on time. Maybe there is a solution for this so I would not need to solve my first question (smile)

Simon Bauer April 13, 2015

Okay then, can't you simply create a JQL filter like "show all open issues, regardless of designated agent or status"? Sorry, if I'm missing the Problem here. ;)

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2015

Sound like you have to update your notification scheme to your needs.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2015

Tim is correct. If you create a group or role and with the support team as members, then you can have email notifications going to everyone in that group or role.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events