Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes emails seems not to be processed by a custom JSD incoming email handler

Stefan Bärthlein April 24, 2019

Dear community,

I've written an custom email handler like documentet here: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/creating-a-custom-mail-handler-for-jira/ - in order to convert any email response written by an agent into an internal comment.

I experienced a strange behaviour: 90% of the comments are converted into internal comments, as supposed. "Sometimes" there are also public comments created, which is an unwanted and unexpected behaviour.

If I turn on the incoming email debugger and check the logs, it seems that these email converted into public comments are NOT processed by any incoming mailhandler - they do not appear in the logs.

If I configure remote debugging there is the same behaviour - non of these emails causes to jump into the bunch of breakpoints - later the "magically" created public comment shows up on the issue...

Any hints which process could cause the emails to be converted into public comments?

I' working on: JIRA Core 7.10.2, JIRA Service Desk 3.13.2

Regards,
Stefan.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Bärthlein April 26, 2019

So with help of the META-INF support I figured out that it was an configuration problem in the end. Seems that I missunderstood the concept of project/email request (as internal JSD mailhandler) and the system/incoming mail handler (as internal JSD) - so if you both have set up for the same emailadress you have 2 concurrent mail handlers setup.

I've deleted the project/email request (configured email) and ignroed the warning "Deleting the email channel means that no more requests will be created from emails sent to xxx@xxx.com. Emails sent to this address will not be processed." - as I now have an JETI email handler konfigured which seems to to the whole work...

Regards,

Stefan.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events