Some issues are marked as "No requests found" in Jira Service Desk customer portal

Erik Dolotov January 27, 2020

We have Service Desk set up in Jira Server. Customers have jira accounts and accounts are associated with organizations accordingly under Service Desk customers.

These users create service desk requests through servicedesk portal. Later, all submited issues are visible from servicedesk > company > requests list. Most of the requests when opened work as they should: organization users can view and comment on these issues.

However, very randomly, some issues when opened are displayed with empty box with "No requests found, raise another request."

image.png

Issues are created, worked on, transitioned identically, nevertheless some issues are not visible to customers and I cannot figure out why this is happening.

1 answer

0 votes
Per Löfgren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2020

Is the request type filled out on the issue type? As you know you can have multiple request types associated to an issue type. I have noticed before that if the issue does not have an request type present then this can result in some strange errors. 

Check this on the associated issue type for the request. There is a field called "request type" visible from inside JSD.

Erik Dolotov January 28, 2020

Hi @Per Löfgren !

I think what you are partially referencing is this solution https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/requests-not-visible-in-the-jira-service-desk-customer-portal-777026993.html

I also made sure that all issues have a valid issue type from the projects Issue Type Scheme, although I have a default issue type set up to prevent this. Also, every issue has correct request type with them. I double checked just in case whether issues are maybe relevant to those causes that are linked in the url I provided but everything checks out.

Just in case, I tried manually re-setting valid request type  available for current Customer Portal but issue is still not showing.

I have searched in Jira Server database fields if there are some significant differences between issues that are showing and which are not but did not find anything there too.

Per Löfgren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

Sorry, that the solution wasn't as simple as that. I believe you need to create a support ticket with Atlassian if you have not done so already.

PS, If they help you find the answer then please post it here. Will be interesting reading

Cheers

Per

Erik Dolotov January 28, 2020

@Per Löfgren 

Will certainly do so, thanks for replying !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events