Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site admin has a license for Jira Service Desk

George Zaroubi August 12, 2019

I have an active directory group as the default group and the only group for application access in Jira Service Desk that contains 3 users. But there is a site admin that has is included  in the agents and I cannot remove him totaling my users to 4.

How can i remove him from the jira service desk agents members.

2 answers

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2022

Hello @Petr A,

Thank you for your question!

Although it’s been almost three years, the steps are still the same, but I just tested here and there is one more step.

Go to the Cog icon > User management > Product access > Administration access. 

By default it will be administrators and site-admins, so you can remove the site-admins group from Confluence and any other product if necessary.

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 13.31.04.png 

Please, take your time to test and let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Petr A January 11, 2022

@Angélica Luz As always, thank you!)

I never thought that deleting from this page would help!

I appreciate your time, all the best!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2019

Hi George,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
Usually, the group site-admins are also added on the product access, so when a site-admin is added they also receive a license for the product.
To fix that, please, go to Administration > Product access and remove the group from Service Desk:

Screenshot 2019-08-13_11-39-37-245.png

This configuration won't affect existing users, but for new users, when you add the group site-admins they won't receive the license, just the permission to be an admin.
After that, try removing the group jira-servicedesk-users from the profile of the affected user.

Regards,
Angélica

Petr A January 10, 2022

@Angélica Luz  Angelica, Good day!

Found your answer:) 

I'm trying to remove the confluence license from site-admins now, is there this option at the current time?
Despite the fact that I removed the site-admins group from confluence, when changing the user's role to site-administrator, all licenses are automatically activated.

Is it still possible? Thanks a lot!!

P.s: cloud version

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events