Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Configuration Question: Single Service Desk for multiple clients?

Brian_Batts August 17, 2017

I was wondering if there was a way to have one service desk to serve our 50 clients/locations while knowing which location the ticket comes from? Currently, we are using a single service this way, however, when a ticket is created, we don't know from which client it comes from. It'd be great if we could auto-magically know which of the 50 locations that the ticket came from. Is there a way to achieve this without creating a separate service desk for each client, as we hope our client base to grow to 200 by years end.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

2 answers

2 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2017

If the set of users in a particular customer company is mostly static you could use Organizations in JSD

Andre Kolodochka August 17, 2017

For some reason this site doesn't like my language, so I'll just add screenshots:

Snap12.jpgSnap8.jpgSnap9.jpg

0 votes
Ben Kelley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2017

Is a "location" a physical location, or a different company? (or both?)

One option is to add a field to your request form to ask the customer to specify the location.

Are you using Service Desk in cloud? If you want to be able to automatically sort tickets by customers' companies, you could set up an organisations in your project config. You can manually place customer accounts in their company, and you can also get it to do that automatically for new users, if the company has a unique email domain.

Brian_Batts August 21, 2017

Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry, I should have specified...yes, we are using Service Desk in cloud. And yes, they are different physical locations and companies as well as different referring urls (their own sites). Each client uses our product and we'd like to service all of them using one service desk. All we need is to know which referring url that the ticket was created. These tickets are created manually and anonymously by our client and our client's customers, when something goes wrong, so they won't be logging in to see the status of those tickets.

Similarly, on the feedback control, there is an option where the user can check a box to attach that information to the feedback, but it is unchecked by default and not one user out of hundreds has checked it when giving feedback. 

Any suggestions of how to approach this better?

Thanks again, Brian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events