Should we need to increase pool-max-size if databsae monitoring shows that max connection reached

Deleted user January 7, 2019

Hi

Our Jira data center is throwing '500 Sorry, We had some technical problems during your last operation' intermittently.

We are getting errors like this when commenting or changing lables or any operation.

Error:

org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open Hibernate Session for transaction; nested exception is net.sf.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: Unable to acquire JDBC Connection.

So we checked the Database monitoring in Jira Administration
Administration->System->Database monitoring and the max connections shows as 295

We checked this url https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0711/monitoring-database-connection-usage-955168654.html

Should we increase our pool-max-size from 300 to 350 in dbconfig.xml? will this solve our issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Kiran Panduga {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2019

Hi @[deleted], 

Clearly, the issue appears to be with the DB connections and new connections are unable to establish and would suggest to have a close at the your database logs to see why it might be closing the connection to JIRA.

You can optimize the database connection pool by increasing the Pool size to 350 and restart the JIRA Data Center on all nodes.

You may also try restarting your database server itself to fix any issues with instability.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Yuri Sant'Ana January 29, 2020

Hi Kiran,

How can I know if my connection pool size ihas a good size? 

I can't find any page telling about it. 

Is there any link telling me how to measure it?

My jira server is with a pool size of 60. Not sure if it is enough or not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events