Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing image with customers on Customer Help Center

wolfgang_mueller October 9, 2017

Dear all,

I would like to share an image with a customer. In order to do so, I uploaded the image and added it to the description as follows.
snapshot_image.png

When I use the View customer request function, I see the image displayed as supposed. It, however, is not displayed for the customer on our Customer Help Center.

Is the reason, because the customer doesn't have a JIRA account? Is there a way to share the image with the customer?

Thanks for your help!
Wolfgang

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Hi Wolfgang,

Service Desk customers should be able to see attachments on their tickets provided that the Agent has either shared the attachment with them, or in this case made an inline reference to an image.   It is not clear to me why that user would be unable to see this image in this case.

Given your screenshot it looks like there might be a problem in regards to the system's parsing of the markup syntax.   The customer should not see this !filename.jpg|thumbnail! syntax.  That is the way that the text editor will enter this to make it display in line, but the end result should be that the customer will see that file provided that attachment exists on that issue.

What version of Jira Service Desk are you using?   Curious if we can check to see if there were some other reports of this kind of behavior in specific versions.  I tried to test this behavior in my 3.8.1 JSD version, but I couldn't see to replicate the behavior you have described so far.

wolfgang_mueller October 12, 2017

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your answer.

We are using 3.3.0 JSD version currently. Are you able to replicate it there?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2017

Hi Wolfgang,

I went back to my Jira 7.3.0 / JSD 3.3.0 and I still was not able to replicate this problem.   My thought was perhaps this image syntax was being added to the Visual Editor if you happen to have enabled the Rich Text Editor in this version.   But in my testing regardless of whether it was Text or Visual editing mode, I couldn't recreate this problem in the view for a customer account in the customer portal.

At this point I think there might be something uniquely different about your environment that might be at fault here.  But I would need more information from you to dig into this deeper.  As such I'm going to create a support request to gather this information from you.

Regards,

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events