Sharing attachments with customers during CSV import form external system to Jira Service Desk

Sufian Rashid December 28, 2017

I am using CSV import feature to import my issues from external system into my Jira service desk project.

Issues are being imported fine along with attachments. However the attachments are only visible internally to the agents.

I want to make the attachments publicly visible to customer as well. Please let me know how this can be done during import?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sufian Rashid February 6, 2018

The attachment is being embedded in a comment.

I have used the workaround of adding a new "Comment" column and then inserted file name in special syntax as shown below; and it was visible on client portal.

For multiple attachments i added multiple "Comment" columns in CSV import file; each with file name in below syntax.

[^filename.ext] 
e.g. [^death_star_blueprints.zip]
0 votes
Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2018

Hi Sufian,

Can I know if the attachment is being embedded in a comment on the issue? The reason is that if the attachment is not being mentioned in a comment, you will not be able to see it on the Customer Portal. There is a feature request for this JSDSERVER-4646.

Cheers,
Moga

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events