Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share as comment button is grayed out

abalaban December 18, 2017

Created KB in Confluence Linked to the Service Desk. 

In Confluence article is Unrestricted. But when trying to use this article in the ticket in SD - its restricted and Share as comment button is grayed out.

Article restricted.PNGShare as comment Screeenshot.png 

Anonymous is enabled and has view rights in Confluence.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2017

Hi there,

Is the page a child of a parent that has restrictions? Restrictions are applied to child pages from a parent and this could cause it.

Shannon

Justin Hetrick February 28, 2018

Shannon,

I'm experiencing the same issue. None of the parent pages have restrictions and I have verified that the page can be viewed without logging in. 

The share as comment button is still locked.

Thanks,
-Justin

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2018

Hi Justin,

Is it only that page, or other pages in the same space? 

Can you show me how the permissions are in your Service Desk settings, as well as the Permission Settings for the space in Confluence?

There are NO restrictions on the page itself, correct?

Regards,

Shannon

Justin Hetrick March 1, 2018

Hey Shannon,

It looks to be all articles in the space. I have attached screenshots of what it looks like and our settings.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 2.56.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-01 at 2.57.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-01 at 2.57.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-01 at 3.04.04 PM.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 2, 2018

Hi Justin,

I think it might be related to this issue:

If a user (e.g. a JIRA user) is not licensed to use Confluence, they cannot view any Confluence content (from JIRA or Service Desk for instance) - even if that content is available to anonymous users. They currently have to log out before they can see the content. Customers have also asked for anonymous, read-only access for authenticated users that are not coming from a JIRA User Directory.

Have you also given the Service Desk users access to this space via the project settings

Select Project settings > Knowledge base to create and link a Confluence space to your service desk project. You can also use the knowledge base settings to define who can create and view knowledge base articles. 

For this, you want to make sure the All active users and customers setting is chosen for permissions.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Justin Hetrick March 2, 2018

Shannon,

I do not see a radio button for "All active users and customers" like the instruction link you attached. Here is what I see:

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 1.31.38 PM.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 5, 2018

Hi Justin,

You would need to first remove anonymous access from the space, and then it will provide you with the option to ONLY allow licensed users. 

Can you give that a try?

Regards,

Shannon

Justin Hetrick March 5, 2018

Shannon,

Ok. Once I went into Confluence and removed the anonymous setting I got the additional settings. I selected the option you suggested, but I am not presented with this information when trying to share a KB article and our knowledge base is no longer accessible publicly.

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 8.11.16 AM.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2018

Justin,

So to verify, you removed the anonymous setting, and now the setting is selected that says "All active users and customers".

Now you've logged into Jira as a Jira-only user, and you are greeted with that error message when viewing an issue in the Service Desk which would normally display articles from the linked Confluence space, correct? 

Could you confirm your Confluence and Service Desk versions?

Regards,

Shannon

Normann P_ Nielsen _Netic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2018

I have the same issue, articles are standing as "restricted" and cant be shared with customers from JIRA.

Christoph April 5, 2019

We have the same issue.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2019

Hello @Christoph@Normann P_ Nielsen _Netic_,

I apologize for the delay on this as I hadn't seen your reply.

The issue on this case originally was that the article was anonymous, but when you're logged in as a Jira user you aren't able to see it. This is because when you are logged in as a Jira user, Confluence doesn't consider the user to be anonymous, but unlicensed, and therefore doesn't give permission to show the article.

Again, the feature request below:

• CONFSERVER-30161 Allow unlicensed, authenticated users to have anonymous read only access

If this is not the case for your article, then I would advise you to reach out to Atlassian Support, or to raise a new question with your specific situation. Then we can take a look and see what might be causing the issue on your end.

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,

Shannon

Celeste D'Alessandro October 21, 2020

Any news related whit this issue?

Thanks!

Carlos Espeja Mendoza (G2) November 5, 2020

i have same issues¡

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events