Share a file

Marc CUCULIERE January 11, 2018

Hi,

I need to share file to some clients like an update.

I want to send a link to all my supported clients which point to a file hosted in Jira Helpdesk. The client has to login to access the file.

I don't want to duplicate that file to all my clients, I want them to access to that file.

How can I do that with Jira Helpdesk ?

Kind regards,

Marc.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2018

Hi Marc,

The best thing I can suggest in this circumstance is if you have Confluence along-side JSD, you can embed the document or file there, and make the space public for your Service Desk Customers. Then you could share it with them this way.

Otherwise the file is hosted on an individual issue in Service Desk and all of your users would have to have access to that.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Marc CUCULIERE January 11, 2018

Hi,

We don't want to create an issue to provide an update file to our customers.

Note : We provide some update files that can be up to 2GB :-)

Regs,
Marc.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2018

Hi Marc,

No, I would not recommend using Jira Service Desk in that way.

If you don't use Confluence, you could host the file externally and include it in your Announcements.

If you decide to email this you would need to do it manually, as there is currently no way within Service Desk to email your customers at once.

I've found a feature request for that:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events