Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Jira ticket with organization

Deleted user July 2, 2018

Hello 

There was a "share with" option in customer portal but since Friday 29th June it doesn't appear anymore. 

I need it to allow my customer to share a request with its organization or to create the ticket on private request mode as he wants.

The  Customers permissions is as below : 

Who can raise requests : Customer who are added to the project

Who can customers share requests with : Other customers in their organizaton. 

It was already like this since the beginning (more than one year) and I don't understand why it is not possible anymore while I didn't change the settings on this part. 

Juste before it disappear, I download the free trial for the "Automation for Jira"   add on.

My version is : 

JIRA Service Desk Application v3.11.0

It is a standalone.

Can you please help me ? 

Béatrice

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2018

did you verify that the customer is indeed in the Service Desk Customer role for the project in question? Have you verified that no customers see the "share" button?

Yes I did... And I created a customer user for me (with a personal address and not a professional address) for which I made all my tests of configuration. 

I had as normal customer the button and now I don't have it. 

Several customers alerts me because they can't choose "private request" so all the members of their organization receives the notifications even those who don't care of the issue. 

Indeed, by default the tickets are shared with the organization and they must have the possibility to change it into private request. 

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2018

HI @[deleted]

To allow your customers to share the request with their Organization, first you need to create an organization and then you need to add the customers into it.

Once you have done this those customers belong to this organization they will be able to see the organization name in share with option while creating/raising the request via the customer portal.

Please have a look at the below KB for teh same.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-service-desk-users-732528877.html#Settingupservicedeskusers-Addorganizations 

Hi @Yogesh Mude

I already have organizations and customers added to each organization. (more than 300 customers actually).

the share option was working properly since Friday 29th June 2018 morning but since 29th June 2018 afternoon the customers cannot share anymore because the "button" "share with" disappeared of the customer screen while I didn't change anything in my configuration... 

so I mean maybe there is a bogue or something like this because there is no reason it doesn't work now while it worked since January 2017...

Or maybe I deactivated the option but I don't know how I did it... 

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2018

HI @[deleted]

As you mentioned in you description you have been downloaded Automation for Jira add-on before disappear this button.

I download the free trial for the "Automation for Jira"   add on.

Could you please check with disable this add-on.

Deleted user July 6, 2018

Hi @Yogesh Mude I deactivated it as you asked me and enable the Jira automation lite as it was when it was working, but it is still not working... 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events