cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Jira ticket with organization

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2017

Hi there,

we are facing an issue in jira service desk regarding the organization. If an agent creates a ticket (via jira service desk not customer portal) he has to add the organization to share the ticket with manually. Is it possible to do this via an automation but without script runner?

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

Waiting for this issue to be fixed:

The organization field can be added to the Create Screen but once added, it actually doesn't appear in the screen when creating new issues.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4723

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2017

Hi Heike,

I'm afraid that standard JSD automation can't add values to the issue's 'Organizations' field.

On the other hand, Automation for Jira can easily do it.

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2017

Yes, this is what I have already mentioned. It is also not possible to display the orgaizations field to the ticket creation form, although I can add this field to the create issue screen. That is so dumb.

For now we do not want to install more add ons. JSD seems to work not as smooth as meant. There are still so many self-evident functions we are missing. Always have to install more and more add ons to get it to work. That is annoying sometimes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events