Setting up timers for status notifications and transitions?

Deleted user September 28, 2018

Morning, here is what I am trying to do:

If we have a service request come in that requires a user to provide more information we move it to "waiting for customer" status.  We want it to send auto notifications after 48 and 72 hours and then eventually after 7 days be moved to a different status.

I have setup several SLAs as triggers for auto notifications and transitions.  However, SLAs cannot be reset when transitioning correct?  So then if we pull a request out of "waiting for customer" then place it back in the same status the SLA timer picks up where it left off.  Is there a timer that can be reset or triggered new with each transition and removed when transitioned out?

I know there are apparently some add ons that can do this but we are using cloud. 

Thanks!
Jason

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2018

Hello Jason,

Just having a try at your question here. I think an Automation Rule will work.

Go to the project where you want this to happen.

Then under Project Settings on the left, select "Automation" (it’s under SLAs)

In the window that appears select “Add Rule” in the upper right.

Then select “Custom rule” at the top and click “Continue”

Remember to name your new rule by replacing the words “Custom rule” at the top.

Then under “When this happens…” select +Add trigger and choose “Time in status”

Then under the Status drop-down select “Waiting for Customer”

Then set your time. (Note you may have to make three of these rules, one for 48 hours, one for 72 hours and one for 7 days, or figure out a way to pack them all into one rule.)

Click Add

Under “Then do this…” + Add action choose either ”Alert User” or “Send Email” you will have to decide which one works best for you. “Send email” is kind of odd, with strange options. You will have to run tests on this.

Then make sure you save your new Automation Rule.

Note that this is Project specific and will need to be set up in every project where its required.  I have not tested or tried this, but I think (theoretically) it might work for you or bring you nearer to a solution.

Let me know how it works out.

Joe

0 votes
Deleted user October 3, 2018

Sorry for the delay in reply.  I did try these steps and it appears to be working.  Thanks!

Joe Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2018

Jason, 

Very good. I'm happy to help. (That's one thing that went right today :) )

Joe

Like Tony Lang likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events