Setting up emails to different queues

mike lynch January 11, 2018

Our environment has lets say has 4 support options that a user can contact.

The way we have it setup now for each of those environment we setup a project.

so lets say we have a Help Desk, Networking Infa, Networking Cloud and lets say messaging.  we really have a lot more but to keep it simple lets stick with these 4.

We want to change the way we did it in the past from each one of these being a project to having 1 project and setting up Queue for each one.

So the company name is the project and then under that have a que for

Help desk

Network infa

Network cloud

Messaging

my question is can you setup emails to go to each of the ques to make a ticket.

so i email Helpdesk@mybiz.com it would open a tick in that queue 

Help desk (1)

Network infa

Network cloud

Messaging

I was told that you can only tie a email to a project. you then manually have to move/clone/dup the ticket and send it to the correct queue. I want to skip this step.

Any help would great!

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2018

Hi Mike,

It's true you are constrained to a single email address per service desk project.  However, there is automation on "Issue created" where you could perhaps change the request type or update a component.  Then using that request type/component to configure your queues. 

The trick is identifying either the reporter or keywords in the email to sort out the incoming email.

In one of my service desks I look at the group the reporter belongs to and then I know if it's coming from one of the monitoring services, that I update the request type to "Alerts".   Works beautifully.

Hope that helps

Susan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events