Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Customer Portal

Nida Malik August 20, 2019

Hello, 

I need serious help. My team is looking for a way to replace out old Web Ticket Request Form which is used by users in our company for technical help. For example, someone might want a vanity URL to be built out. In this case they would need to fill out the Web Ticket Request Form which allows project managers & developers to all work together to figure out a solution for the end user. My manager has thought of a great idea which is to use Jira Service Desk to create a customer portal so that users can have something like our Web Ticket Request Form. I will be attaching what out Web Ticket Request Form looks like. My main question of concern is how do you build this out in Jira Service desk? What are the steps? Where do I start? send for help.JPGsend help 3.JPGsend help 2 .pngsend help 4.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2019

Hi @Nida Malik ,

You will need a service desk project. In that project you need a issue type with the fields , screens and so on as you need them.

To configure the portal itself, head to the project settings and then go to request types. There you can configure your request types and the fields that should be available on each request type.

For more details, just have a look here https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver033/configuring-the-customer-portal-861255225.html

@Bastian Stehmann  Can you show me an example how to do this?? 

@Bastian Stehmann  I am very confused

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2019

Did you read the documentation?

At what point are you stuck, then I can try to explain that further.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events