Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set "Customers who are added to the project" as default for "Who can raise requests?"

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2018

Hi there,

I would like to set "Customers who are added to the project" as default for the customer permission "Who can raise requests?".

The problem is that if I create a new project, for a short time EVERY customer is able to see this project. I am not willing to let all my other customers know, who else is a customer of mine.
Also what if I forget to change this permission one time!?

The default really should be changeable. Is there a way to do so?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user March 26, 2018

Hi @H K,

Could I get some more context around the issue if possible? Are you able to screen grab or list the SD Project's permissions and customer permissions?

Thanks

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2018

Hi @[deleted],

we are a b2b company and create a separate project per customer.

If I create a new Service Desk project, the setting for the customer permissions is set to the blue marked option:

CustomerPermissions_ServiceDesk.png

This automatically gives all customers access to this project.
Of course we do not want that!

Since you have to change this setting manually every time, sometimes that was already forgotten.

So I hope there is a way to set "Customers who are added to the project" as default.

Do you know if this is possible? Or maybe is it the default of another project type (we choose "customer service")?

Hi @H K,

Could I see your project's global permissions? Also, could you tell me if you create new projects with a shared configuration or using a built-in template?

Thanks

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2018

I create a new project with the "Customer service" template:

CustomerPermissions_ServiceDesk2.png

CustomerPermissions_ServiceDesk3.png

Hi @H K,

When creating a new project, if you choose the option "Create with Shared Configuration" and use an existing SD project you are happy to share configurations with, the options you chose in the customer permissions panel should port over without copying over the customers.  

You can test this out and see if you are happy with the results without anyone having access. 

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events