Set field when issue created by email in Service Desk?

Timothy Harris December 7, 2015

I want a specific custom field set to a specific value when a request is created in service desk by mail. Anyone have any ideas as to how to do this? 

3 answers

1 vote
Stephen Crandell December 22, 2016

Did anyone ever find a way to get the request-channel-type into a post function? I have a script that is intended to take the description field and parse it to set fields. I sent clients an email template to follow and it works perfectly but, when clients create issues through the portal or we create issues internally then the description is getting stripped out.

0 votes
Amy Biasella
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

You may be able to leverage the request-channel-type property somehow. We use it in JQL (substitute portal for email of course)

issue.property[request.channel.type].value = portal

There is another question that references the property being used on creation in groovy scripts, something I have no experience with but you also may find more helpful. 

access to Issueproperty "request.channel.type" from groovy

0 votes
jon-paul.cameron December 7, 2015

You should be able to amend the Service Desk workflow so that on Issue Creation, the custom field is updated with the value you choose. This is by way of setting a Post Function on the Issue Creation action - I believe the option is to "Update Issue Custom Field".

Timothy Harris December 7, 2015

Yes, I thought about that. But how do I know the create event was triggered by an email handler?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events