Set custom field value to the Reporter's email address?

Joris de Beer July 14, 2015

I'm using Atlassian JIRA in the Cloud with Service Desk.

For a form that I am building that creates a Create a New Account in Google Analytics task, I'd like to populate a custom field with the email address that the report used when signing up for a Service Desk account.

How can I do this? I've looked at the Workflow and Post events, but can't see a clear way to choose my new custom field as one to populate?

I'd like to have the Reporters email address in the ticket so it's easier to copy/paste into Google when setting up the account.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2016

Hi Joris, 

You will only be able to achieve this if your users on JIRA use the email address as their username. To do so you need to:

1. Install JIRA Suite Utilities add-on (free on Cloud)
  2. Go to your workflow and add the 'Copy Value From Other Field' post function
  3. Select the reporter field that the other field that you created
  4. Publish the workflow

This should do the trick. smile

Aron Lander July 9, 2018

Hi,

I've tried this in the current version of Jira cloud, and the only thing that is getting copied when trying to have the workflow copy the reporter is an id (rather than the email address of the report). Is this something that has been changed in Jira service desk since this answer was published?

If that is the case, is there any other way of doing this?

Regards,
Aron

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events