Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ServiceDesk Upgrade

IT Support July 23, 2018

Went through all the documentation and links regarding upgrading ServiceDesk.
I just want to confirm before going ahead.

We have only ServiceDesk installed on the server and would like to know if I have to do step 1 below or can I only do step 2?

1.Do I install, upgrade Jira and after that upgrade Service Desk?

2.Can I only run the ServiceDesk upgrade .exe?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2018

It depends on the version of Jira you are using now, and the version you are going to.   If you're using a Jira version such as 6.x or before, then you have to first go to a 7.0.x version AND then upgrade Service Desk there as well before you can upgrade further.

This is explained in the documentation of Skipping major versions when upgrading JIRA applications.

But that said, either #1 or #2 method can be used to upgrade Service Desk.   The download packages on https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk/download will include an installation package that can update both Jira Core and Jira Service Desk.   In nearly all cases you need to make sure that Jira Core is upgraded before you can install the corresponding Service Desk package.  Using the installation exe/bin file can do both at the same time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events