ServiceDesk Customers

Manny Vasquez May 25, 2016

Good afternoon,

Do my users have to signup when accessing the helpdesk portal? I have setup access through request security page and users role but none of those permissions work for what I'm trying to do. I would like for the users to be able to click the link to go to the helpdesk portal without having to sign up and be able to see the Portal homepage to submit tickets. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance, Manny

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2016

Hey Manny!

Do your users already have JIRA accounts?  If they already exist, you can simply add them in the _Service Desk Customers_ role for the project.  Then they can log in with their existing account credentials.

If they don't exist, they'll either have to sign up, (either through the portal, or by email invitation), or you'll have to manually create them following this document.  I don't suggest that method though; administration/scaling would be a nightmare.

Thanks!

0 votes
Manny Vasquez May 25, 2016

Ok no problem thank you for answering my question that's exactly what I needed to know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events