Service desk licenses question

peter jurisin March 5, 2019

Dears,

We are planning to buy a server version Jira service desk and I have a question regarding the number of licenses we should buy.

We have a set of users that are currently identified as agents as they are dealing with the daily support. I understood that each user must have a license for his daily work (this is clear for me).

We also have a set of users that may access Jira Service desk to read customers tickets (each user may access the tickets for every customer) or to build statistics on tickets. Do we need to buy licenses also for these users or can they connect without having a license ?

We will also have some workflows where I need users to act to give a certain approval (e.g. salary raise) and will we need to pay a special license for users who are part of such workflows?

If we want to have collaboration users who will help agents to solve the requests, what type of license do we need for them? This scenario means one of the agents may act as a dispatcher and distribute requests to solutionist (problem solver) who will perform the required task and notifies agent the task has been resolved.

Please, what is the easiest out of box solution for such above scenario?

Our aim is use the pure out of box Service Desk solution for our internal employees.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2019

Hi @peter jurisin , 

actually you only need Jira Service Desk licences for your agents (the ones interacting with the client).
All other users can use Jira Core licences (much cheaper) and act as collaborators in Service Desk.

This documentation will help with user management.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

peter jurisin March 5, 2019

Dear @Alexis Robert,

To get a more precise answer. I expect let`s say around 1000 customers (requestors) and approximately 10-20 agents.

Users who may access Jira Service desk to read customers tickets (each user may access the tickets for every customer) or to build statistics on tickets. Aprox 40.

Users within workflow who may give approval (74-80).

Could you please break down the price for server solution?

Best regards

Peter

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2019

Sure @peter jurisin :

customers do not pay any licence. 

25 Agents is $9000 (Jira Service Desk licence)

40 users to access tickets is $3000 (Jira Core licence)

80 users for approval: no need for a licence (see here)

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events