Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service desk license not working on Data Center

Alex December 9, 2017

I get the below error when installing my license. It seems I have installed Data Center instead Server module and hence the license is incompatible. What should I do? Should I unistall the whole JIRA module and reinstall with the Server option?

What is the best way of activating my Service Desk license?

Thanks 

The license could not be installed.

This license is a JIRA Data Center license and is incompatible with the existing installed license configuration. Please install a Server license. For more information please see License compatibility.

2 answers

0 votes
Alex December 11, 2017

How do I send it privately?

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

Hi Alex,

Can you let me know the SEN of your license and I'll have a look into see? 

The error actually sounds like it's the other way around, that you might have bought a Data Center License and installed Server, but I would like to verify this for you.

Either way, your installation needs to match the license you purchased. We can help determine the course of action for you with your SEN.

Regards,

Shannon

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2017

@Shannon S, should SENs be shared in Community board? I assumed they should remain private.

Alex December 11, 2017

Will send privately

Alex December 11, 2017

@Shannon Spaniol, How can I send it to you privately?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2017

@Jack Brickey I assumed not as I have seen Advocates ask the same on other cases, but you have a good point. In general, though, only internally can we look up any details from an instance with a SEN and are only able to assist with matters pertaining to an SEN when the contact is one of the primary contacts on file. Better safe than sorry, though!

@Alex It is not possible to send to me privately, but in the future for licensing issues you can contact our Customer Advocates team directly at the support page by selecting Billing and Payment as your issue and they can check your SEN for you.

I have created an issue for you in their queue now so they can get in touch with you. You'll be able to provide your SEN.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events