Service desk group queues

Greg T March 25, 2015

In the video below (at 8:40), it show the queues in service desk queues in groups (assigned/unassigned).  How can you do this?

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2015/02/solve-tickets-jira-and-jira-service-desk/

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2015

Hey Greg,
These are just different JQLs behind the queues.

F.e. Unassigned splits in a queue with all unassigned issues and issue type/ request type separated

Unassigned - assignee is empty
hardware - assignee is empty and "issue type" = hardware / assignee is empty and "request type" = hardware
etc. 
These are just multiple JQL which look like such a grouping.

Hope this could help you - if you have specific questions for this feel free to ask smile  

Greets
Simon 

Edit :
Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-26 um 11.41.55.png 

Olivier Albertini March 25, 2015

Nice. How do you create sub-queue with arrow?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2015

I'm not sure on this one but I think it's just this one ↳ (U+2183) Unassigned (assignee is empty) ↳ Hardware (assignee is empty and "issue type" = hardware)

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2015

@Olivier Albertini I got you a screenshot of the suggestion from my demo instance :)

Olivier Albertini March 26, 2015

Nice ! Thx!

Juan Peraza March 26, 2015

Hmm? This is still not clear to me. What is (U+2183)?

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2015

@Juan Peraza this is the unicode for the arrow symbol - you can also just copy the arrow and paste it in the name of your queue. Same effect :)

Wow, how simple.

Hopefully, this issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-285 will be implemented some day so we don't have to resort to "fooling" the agents into thinking the queues are grouped.

Greg T March 26, 2015

This is great info, thank you! Is anyone else having trouble with the display of the unicode character, I can paste that in, but it renders as "?", and I'm not quite sure how to use the code provided, that just renders as text when I enter in that format.

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2015

Greg could depend on your browser .. try to test another browser or your jira doesn't use UTF-8 .. last could be a bigger problem.

mattjones-atlas May 17, 2015

I have updated the request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-285 with the workaround listed in this discussion. Feel free to vote and comment, add your use-case on the linked JIRA ServiceDesk issue relating to this functionality.

SXPCPH September 8, 2015

@Simon Kegel Do you know if that works in local server installation ? i cant get it to work on my installation thanks in advance

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2015

@Matt Jones [Atlassian] thanks :) @SXPCPH this is a local installation :( What exactly isnt working? The arrow symbol itself ?

SXPCPH September 9, 2015

When i insert the arrow symbol is not making any difference f ex ↳ Queue 1 ↳ Queue 2 Can you write me an example in how you use it ?

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2015

@SXPCPH It's literally just faking a grouping of queues. So there is no real function behind. You got your "mainqueue" f.e. Hardware requests (component = hardware) ↳ Keyboard requests (component = hardware and category = keyboard) ↳ Mouse requests (component = hardware and category = mouse) So you give the queue a name - every "underqueue" gets an arrow ↳ to fake the visual effect of groups. Behind every queue is just another JQL statement and no real grouping function .. hope this feature comes in a future release. Hope this can help you.

SXPCPH September 17, 2015

@Simon Kegel Thanks for you help , i cant understand that , let me start in what i have and what i want to do , i have a list of clients name and i have created a feild with all of those names in the customer portal what i want to do is to create a head queue with as (clients) and Place those clients queues as sub queue i have tried to wirte whatever in the JQL statement but cant get it to work thanks in advnace

Tarek El-Dakkak September 22, 2015

@ Simon kegel i got it , its just a fake (how should i see it ) layout

Greg Warner October 20, 2015

I get a question mark when I attempt this. As does the last person to comment on JSD-285. Does anyone have an idea why that would be so?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events