Service desk email notification customization

Hi,

I am new to JIRA service desk. 

WE want to show all comments in descending order in email notification on public comment addition.

Is there any way to do it?

2 answers

Hi @Nishith Desai

You can show all the public comments for SD request in email using our add-on Jirassimo Notifications 

Let us know if you need any help configuring it: support@jirassimo.com

Best,

Vladimir

0 vote
Daniel Eads Community Champion Dec 08, 2017

Hi Nishith,

As far as I'm aware, there is not a way to show the full comment history in email notifications in Service Desk without additional plugins.

One plugin that can provide that functionality is Email This Issue.

Here's another question asking about this, where the top answer shows the template you can use to include all comments in emails:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/Velocity-template-to-include-all-comments-cannot-access-c/qaq-p/39614

Cheers,
Daniel

Is there any plan to bring this as feature?

Daniel Eads Community Champion Dec 15, 2017

Hi Nishith,

I looked around and found several feature requests for this issue. Here's the one that seems to be the original - have a look and watch/vote on the issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-2044

Development on Jira Service Desk is still happening at a pretty fast clip. I don't work for Atlassian, but I can say that if that issue gets a lot of votes, there's a good chance of someone on the Service Desk team taking a look at it.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

781 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you