Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service desk customer notification

Esraa Ahmed December 10, 2017

Hi, 

I've updated customer notification template but I need to add button inside 'Request created' event (html codes instead of just plain text), Anyway to do that?

2 answers

1 vote
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

Esraa,

And in case you don't want that button in every message that your JSD sends out, but only on specific ones, then try Raley Email Notifications add-on. You can precisely customise there which notifications will contain this button.

Vlad

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

Esraa,

Can you explain more what you need the button to do exactly? 

To add a button you would need to customize the source code but if you can tell us exactly what you need to do we may be able to come up with a better solution for you.

Regards,

Shannon

Esraa Ahmed December 11, 2017

Hi Shannon,

I need to add button like this one 

Modify Email Template.png

instead of hyperlink 

Customer notifications - Service Desk - Google Chrome 2017-12-10 11.05.04.png ‎- Photos 2017-12-11 13.10.35.png

the issue I'm facing is service desk gives us the ability to change the main template (header, footer..etc) but the content can be only plain text so that I can't add code there

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

Esraa,

The Template itself can use HTML and CSS. Project Settings > Customer Notifications > Templates (Edit Templates). However, it does call the specific message content that you put in plain text in the specific Request created event.

If the button is something you would want on all messages to your customers then you can do it this way, otherwise it is not possible.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events