Service desk customer notification

Hi, 

I've updated customer notification template but I need to add button inside 'Request created' event (html codes instead of just plain text), Anyway to do that?

2 answers

Esraa,

And in case you don't want that button in every message that your JSD sends out, but only on specific ones, then try Jirassimo Notifications add-on. You can precisely customise there which notifications will contain this button.

Vlad

0 votes

Esraa,

Can you explain more what you need the button to do exactly? 

To add a button you would need to customize the source code but if you can tell us exactly what you need to do we may be able to come up with a better solution for you.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

I need to add button like this one 

Modify Email Template.png

instead of hyperlink 

Customer notifications - Service Desk - Google Chrome 2017-12-10 11.05.04.png ‎- Photos 2017-12-11 13.10.35.png

the issue I'm facing is service desk gives us the ability to change the main template (header, footer..etc) but the content can be only plain text so that I can't add code there

Esraa,

The Template itself can use HTML and CSS. Project Settings > Customer Notifications > Templates (Edit Templates). However, it does call the specific message content that you put in plain text in the specific Request created event.

If the button is something you would want on all messages to your customers then you can do it this way, otherwise it is not possible.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

19,018 views 13 32
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you