Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk sends notifications randomly

Interne IT December 8, 2017

Hello,

I've set up the Service Desk notifications (yes I'm aware Service Desk uses it's own notifications - not the JIRA notification scheme) but the mails seem to be send randomly. I've made a test where i opened a ticket, did some changes and then repeated the exact same test a second time with another ticket. Result:

Action | E-Mail send?

Ticket created | Test 1 no, Test 2 yes

Changed status | Test 1 yes, Test 2 no

Added comment | Test 1 yes, Test 2 no

Changed status | Test 1 no, Test 2 yes

Added comment | Test 1 yes, Test 2 no

Close ticket | Test 1 no, Test 2 no

Reopen + comment | Test 1 no, Test 2 no

Close ticket | Test 1 no, Test 2 no

Is this bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5535 the cause?

Edit: I'm running Service Desk Server 3.9 and JIRA Software Server 7.6

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

If it is that bug, then there should be a pretty specific error message seen in the logs at the time this issue is transitioned to execute this event that should be triggering these notifications.

See if you can replicate this action once more where the customer does not get a Service Desk notification when they should.  If you note the time this transition happened in Jira, then the $JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log should have log entries with very similar errors to that bug case.

It is possible this is the same bug, but without seeing your logs I don't want to guess as to the source of the problem just yet.

Regards,
Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events