Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk satisfaction form not sending

Gavin Johnson June 22, 2018

Hi,

I have the Satisfaction Settings turned on in the Jira project I wish to enable the functionality in.

I'm currently having an issue with the form not being shown to the customer when the tickets resolution is set.

Everything that I have configured matches what's mentioned on this page.

My Resolved status is Done rather that Resolved though, could that be causing the problem?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2018

This survey is not sent out based on the issue's status, but rather when the issue gains a value in the resolution field.

How is the resolution being set for issues in this workflow?   Is the resolution selected via a transition screen?  OR is the resolution set via a post-function in the workflow?

You can use either of these methods to set a resolution for an issue depending on your workflow, but your workflow should never be set to use both methods to set the resolution value on an issue.   I have seen setups were admins set the resolution value by both methods and doing so tends to break this functionality of the customer surveys from being sent to the customer.

Gavin Johnson June 24, 2018

Hi @Andy Heinzer,

The resolution is set via a post-function in the workflow (please see attached screenshot).

The only element I have in my transition screen is the comment field.Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 07.43.40.png

Thanks

Gavin Johnson June 25, 2018

Even after removing the Comments screen during the transition I receive no satisfaction survey.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2018

It is strange to see that your workflow is also setting the assignee to the value of the reporter.   That part should not usually be possible in a service desk project since only Agents are able to be set at the assignee of issues in a service desk project.  That is not common to see, so perhaps that post-function is a factor here.

If that is not the problem here, then I would want to understand if perhaps these issues are set with a different value for the resolution field before this transition is executed.   In most cases, issues in Jira should not have a resolution value at all until the issue is ready to be completed.  However I have seen instances where a project admin will set the resolution field to be required in the field configuration.  When this happens, it requires that all issues have a resolution value, even when they are created.  This can circumvent the way Service Desk is intending to trigger actions like the sending of satisfaction surveys.

Gavin Johnson June 26, 2018

Thanks for the response @Andy Heinzer.

I've removed the assignee post function as mentioned and still no luck I'm afraid.

After investigating your comments on the resolution status being set beforehand I can't find any evidence of this in the workflow.

Is there anything else I can provide in order to resolve this?

Thanks

Could it be something to do with the ordering of the post functions?

@Andy HeinzerIt's ALIVE!!!!

Was to do with the ordering of the POST functions.

I moved the setting of the resolution and assignee to the top of the list of functions to be processed on transition and it worked.

Thank you for your help!!

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
June 26, 2018

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for letting us know the solution here.  Did you have to set the resolution post function before the reindex post function?   I could see a scenario where having the resolution set after the issue is reindexed might not trigger other features like this satisfaction survey.

Gavin Johnson June 27, 2018

Hi@Andy Heinzer

I did. So the Resolution is now set to Done before the reindex takes place.

Previously this was done after the reindex.

Thanks again,

Gavin

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2018

Gavin,

1. Did your customers get a survey when you turned on the CSAT?

2. Is your JSD in cloud or server?

3. Resolved can mean many things. DONE, COMPLETE..etc. Resolved=Done should be good enough.

Victor

Gavin Johnson June 24, 2018

Hey @Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems],

Thanks for your time, please see my answers below.

1. They didn't

2. My JSD instance is in the cloud

3. OK, at least that isn't the problem

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events