Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk portal search doesnt search for the issue number?

Nikora Terrill June 28, 2015

We are setting up the service desk portal for a customer of ours.

We do not want to give them access to Dashboards within the project nor to be able to use the create function from the project page also. The reason for this is to be able to lock them down to purely using the portal.

Unfortunately this means they are unable to also view tickets raised within that project by anyone else. It also means that for some really strange reason, when they use the search function to find even their own tickets, they cannot find them, they have to use keywords which seems a little silly.

How do we set it up so that they can search using the issue number from the portal and also be able to search / view all tickets raised in that project from the portal?

EDIT:::

I have had to give them Browse Project access via the Service Desk Customer role.

Down side to this is that they are now considered as a support group and can only post internal comments meaning we cannot use the internal comments to ourselves.

2 answers

0 votes
Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2015

Can you use an Automator to add the participants you want? I suppose you'd really like it to add a group as participants, which I don't think it will do, but individuals might be a start?

Nikora Terrill June 29, 2015

Ideally the Service Desk function should allow you the ability to set permissions in a more detailed way, the same goes with the Projects. But I have found this tool to be very limited when it comes to a true Service Desk offering. It is fantastic for developers to manage projects, use Agile etc but that's where it ends unfortunately. I have ended up just giving the customer access to the project and bypassed the portal all together because it is far more hassle than its worth. The fact you cannot search for the issue number in the portal itself really just proves how far away they are with this product in comparison to something like Service Now or even HP and Zen Desk.

0 votes
Timo Pitkäranta June 28, 2015

Is adding customers to request participants in the ticket an option?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESKCLOUD/Adding+people+to+participate+in+requests

Nikora Terrill June 28, 2015

I could probably add this field to the form, but it is a manual step for either the customer or us which i would rather avoid as manual means prone / open to error.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events