Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk notificaiton emails

Heather Stevenson August 14, 2019

I am setting up our first Service Desk Project. I have it set so that anyone can report/create an issue in the portal.

However, at the bottom of the portal form, it is asking for an email for the confirmation email, and this email MUST be a JIRA user.

Since most of our customers logging a ticket don't have JIRA access of any type, how do I remove that field, or update it to send it to an email address that they type in?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

Hey @Heather Stevenson 

From what it sounds like, you have your portal set to to allow anonymous users to submit requests (shown in screenshot). If that is the case, JSD by default will ask for an email from the customer to send the confirmation and any other notification to them. This at the same time will create a customer account (Free) for the user so they can go to the portal and view their request there.

The anonymous access is really just so any user can go to your help center and view help articles without having to make an account.

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 8.21.55 AM.png

Thanks ... that answered a whole bunch of questions, much appreciated! :)

Like Cody Stevens likes this
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

Of course, I am glad I could help!

0 votes

And I figured it out ... on to the next issue!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events