We have the POP3 connector setup to create service desk tickets from e-mail.
JIRA Sevrice Desk 3.1.7
We have repeatedly encountered this issue several times in the past week while we trial JIRA Service Desk, and it is a deal breaker for our adoption of this system:
An email is sent directly to the service desk e-mail and it is processed as expected. A random time later (days?), an email is sent to the service e-mail address. The e-mail just sits in the Inbox (I logged into the web based interface for it and confirmed this). Many hours go by and it still sits there. I send another e-mail directly to the help desk address. The second email just sits there as well. I click on the Test Jira Service Desk Email Requests application menu and it reports "No problems found with email settings configuration. Successfully connected to the specified email server.". Still the e-mails just sit. "View log" shows no activity (no failures, no successes) since the previous day. Finally, I restart the JIRA Tomcat daemon. Following the couple minutes it takes to stop and start, the e-mails in the inbox are processed into help desk issues immediately as expected. New e-mails sent soon after the restart are processed within a couple minutes.
This proves to me that the Email requests "connector" is properly configured and that the "processing" of the items in the inbox stalls somehow after the service has been running. I have checked the https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/troubleshooting-jira-service-desk-incoming-mail-790960076.html but I overlooked the SchedulerAdmin section somehow until after a second look just now so I can't say if there was info in there while the issue was occurring.
Maybe there is a more detailed log somewhere with more detail or any recommendations on why this might be happening?
Are you using the Atlassian email or a custom email. If custom, verify that the issues are indeed being captured into the mailbox. If so and they are unread/unprocessed you may have a situation where the password on the mail account has expired. We ran into this early on when we set up a custom account and by default it had a 90d password expiry.
Note that this question is nearly a year old so you may wish to open a new discussion on this should the above not be the case.
Thx for replying. Yes we do use a custom email. The email lands in the inbox and being read, but there is no ticket created in JSD.
I now made those email again to unread, this works for few emails and not for all emails.
Still as said above by Elvis comments are still being processed correctls.
I know this is an old thread, but maybe still interesting.
I faced the same issue and found possible root causes:
1. As written here, default assignee may be set to a non-agent user: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5073
2. In my case there was a validator which failed.( I added a "Only users with Administer Projects permission can execute this transition." validator which of course failed when I tried to create a request via mail)
I used the troubleshooting described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/troubleshooting-jira-service-desk-incoming-mail-790960076.html
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot