Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk - multiple clients

jason gill March 24, 2014

Hello,

I raised a previous question about whether to use 1 service desk or multiple for supporting multiple client companies. Our comapny supports different applications for each client.

I wanted to use components to represent applications that we support, however it seems that if I have multiple clients, then users in the portal will be able to select applications from all clients.

Is there a way to manage this or should I create a text field for customers to type in the affected application when they raise issues through the portal?

Is there a way to populate the customer's company name field based on the requestor's group membership or user name.

At the moment I just have a test field set up for them to enter the compay name. Is there a more automated way? How would this work if the support desk team raised issues themselves?

3 answers

0 votes
Danny McArdle January 20, 2015

Hi Jason,

I am having a similar issue with multiple clients reporting issues to one customer portal. We don't want them to see all other Groups that I would be listing in custom field on Customer Portal.

We break our clients into 3 levels Groups -> Sites -> Contact/Reporters, 1 Group can have multiple sites and each site could have numerous Contacts/Reporters. Did you manage to implement a solution? If so, can you please advise how you resolved this?

Any information would help!

Regards,

Danny.

0 votes
Anthony Vizza November 4, 2014

when I follow the above steps - I don't see the lock icon mentioned in Step 2 - what am I missing?

0 votes
Will Bastian October 2, 2014

Hey Jason,

I had a similar question and solved it by adjusting the access-level of the service desk projects.

Steps:

1. As admin, go to Service Desk | People | Customers
  2. Click the lock icon, top right (Everyone can access)
  3. Adjust this to be "Only people in my customer list can access"
    1. This will hide any other customers that already exist in Service Desk
    2. You can add them back in my 'inviting' their email address.
    3. This will not require them to create a new account, and will grant immediate access.

I tested this out by viewing the primary portal (listing all service desks), and this effectively shows/hides desks from users as desired.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events