Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk issue with adding/removing agents

Nikola Schovancova January 5, 2020

Hi everyone,

I have just added Jira Service Desk free for 1-3 agents to our company Jira Core (We have just 2 people who will be working as support/agents.)

When attempting to add second agent, I am being told by Jira SD that capacity is full. When I go to user management I see that all of our company members/users were automatically assigned as agent (I see it under their user profile, but even though I am the site admin, Jira does not allow me to untic the box - remove their access).

So I go to 'groups' where I see 'jira-servicedesk-users' and make sure there are only the two people included. Still the same.

After I went to 'Product access' under 'Site settings' and see that there are 3 user groups added to Jira SD. I remove all and leave only 'jira-servicedesk-users'. Still I am being show there are 6 users/agents instead of just the two.

Can anyone please advise what am I missing?

Thank you very much!

Nikola

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2020

Hi @Nikola Schovancova 

Are you a site administrator or just and administrator in Jira ?

Site Administrators administer your site, determine user access and can update billing details. 

Also under Jira Service Desk, in Project Settings, People, If you select the Service Desk Team role, do you only have 2 users showing? If not, then remove the role Jira Service Desk from the others. 

-Mike

Nikola Schovancova January 8, 2020

Hi Mike,

I am org and site administrator.

I went to the location you specified and found there only myself. I have added the other person and it seems it is working fine and other users don't seem to have access (but couldn't check with all yet).

I am still perplexed though, because when I go to Service Desk project and click on 'Invite team' it states:

'Add people as agents to work on your project. They will be sent an email invite.

You've reached the maximum number of agent licenses for your plan. Remove agents or upgrade to grow your team.'

And under user profiles it shows they do have access.

Am I possibly not understanding the correlations correctly?

Thank you.

Nikola

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

Hi @Nikola Schovancova 

Yes it can be a little over complicated but in essence:

• If you are looking at the users section in Jira Administration and can see your users have Jira Service Desk access, this is actually telling you they are licensed. 
  • And you invite the agent(s) from the main Jira Service Desk screen, as this instructs Jira to send them an email with the sign-up process. (similar to the sign-up process for customers).

• The People section under Project Settings is where one defines the role of the licensed agent(s). You might want one of your agents to be an administrator, granting them extra responsibility such as changing SLA's or Request Types etc. while the other agent does the basics such as deal with requests, creates customers etc.

I hope that makes more sense! That is my understanding of it!

With regards to the problem of not being able to add a third user, that I would suggest you talk to the Support Desk. They are the best people to help you out!

-Mike

Like Nikola Schovancova likes this
Nikola Schovancova January 8, 2020

Hey Mike,

thanks for your time and the rundown! I do understand it bit better now.

For now it works as we need, but I might contact Support Desk in near future per your advise.

Nikola

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events