Service Desk doesn`t work first configuration

Alexander Balabanov September 16, 2015

We make new installation of the JIRA and after all project was moved corectly installed Service desk plugin. 

But it doesn`t wok:

When click the button "Get started" it goes to the page of cteating service desk. When we click the button create Service desk it start doing somethin and this process never stops(wait for more then 12 hours). If we cancel this operation and click this link the second time it shows error "In order for you to create a service desk, you need to be allocated an agent license. However, this is not possible because the agents group is misconfigured." Using your instruction delete the service-desk-agent group and start the second time the results is the same.

What we need to do to resolve this issue?

The Database - Oracle

We have connected 10 AD with read rights, and i see that when i click button "Manage Agent" it trying to create group service-desk-agents in all ADs not only in local User Catalog.

Now we have license for 500 users for JIRA and 5 Service Desk Agents. Please help to resolve this problem.

3 answers

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2015

Hey Alexander,
Any relevant entries on the log files ? 

As it's working in your test environment, is there any difference on both servers that you can look through ?

In case if you don't get any useful information to go for the troubleshooting of this issue, please, raise a ticket on https://support.atlassian.com attaching your Support Zip where our Engineers can dig over your log files and try to find out what's happening with your instance.

0 votes
Alexander Balabanov September 17, 2015

@Paulo Henning [Atlassian] Paul i`ve deleted the plugin more then 10 times tryes differnet versions. 

In my test enviroment everything works correctly, and i was very impressed about Service Desk plugin.

I done all the staff from the instruction (the link that you insert) but nothing helps. 

Thanks for you trying to help me.

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2015

Hello Alexander,
It seems that you are facing some problems right after you installed the plugin. By this behaviour, could you kindly delete this plugin on your Add-ons JIRA page, and install it again while looking through the log files ? In case if you face the problems by the agent-group, please use the following guide:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk/troubleshooting-issues-with-user-management-660967476.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events