Whenever we load customer portal link it shows raw JSON content for 2-3 seconds. Please let us know how to resolve this issue?
Service Desk version: 3.10.0
Core JIRA version: 7.7.0
And we are using some add-ons like 'Automation for JIRA', 'SAML SingleSignOn for JIRA' and all add-ons are up to date.
Please give us the solution for this problem as we are going to live soon.
Hi @Rajesh Jella,
I think with SAML SingleSignOn for JIRA your mean our plugin - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212130/saml-single-sign-on-sso-for-jira
From what you describe I can't really see right not our plugin being the cause of this and we had no support case like that ever, that I could rember - definitely not recently.
But actually similar to that "Automation for JIRA" I can't really see as the culprit here either.
Mostly where I have seen reports like yours in this community, it was caused by a plugin that displays something on the Portal or does some kind of theming on it.
Is it possible for you to share a full list of plugins you use?
Also you can very often eliminate or nail down the culprit by disabling plugins one by one (or disable all then reenable them one by one). For example if you disable our SAML SingleSignOn for Jira App & you still see the Issue, then it's unlikely our plugin.
Also worth double-checking & mentioning if it happens across multiple/browsers, same browsers different machines, different network connections.
As sometimes browser plugins, firewalls/proxies can also cause these kind of Issues.
Hi @Christian I am also facing this issue in the one of the browser but in different network. Browser is google chrome. but in our case we are unable to move forward from json.I have posted my question here also :
Thanks Christian for getting back so quickly.
We have noticed another issue with JSD, we have disabled few add-ons to resolve this JSON issue but surprisingly customer support portal configurations are lost. Do you know why this was happened. We don't want to scenario after going to live.
I will try in different browser with no plugins & another network and let you know how it goes.
But in the meantime, could you please let us know what was cause of losing customer portal configurations? Do you think disabling and enabling 'Atlassian Universal Plugin manager' add-on causes this type of issues?
well that pretty much eliminated the SSO Plugin as the cause of this Issue.
Something you need to try with other plugins now.
As for loosing config - this should normally not be the case. If you disable a plugin in the UPN and then reenable it later again, everything should be finde. While something is disabled you may not have it's functionality though.
We are experiencing the same problem with the customer portal displaying raw json. In addition we are seeing a number of other problems
* there is no content in the Service Desk Configuration page
* the Email configuration page shows errors for each of the options.
* Versions and Applications informs that Service Desk is licensed but not installed - and when we click the Install button the following appears in atlassian-jira.log:
2018-08-04 07:51:43,266 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2 INFO davidf 471x893x1 1oilduh 172.23.33.105 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] No plugins found to be installed
2018-08-04 07:51:43,307 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2 INFO davidf 471x893x1 1oilduh 172.23.33.105 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Updating plugin 'com.atlassian.servicedesk.application' from version '3.13.2' to version '3.13.2'
2018-08-04 07:51:43,310 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2 INFO davidf 471x893x1 1oilduh 172.23.33.105 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Removed plugin 'com.atlassian.servicedesk.application'
2018-08-04 07:51:45,524 UpmScheduler:thread-1 WARN davidf [c.a.upm.pac.PacClientImpl] Update check request may take longer because of the number of apps
The cause could be related to the fact that we uninstalled Service Desk then reinstalled it with the latest version.
All plugins are up to date - those that were not, were disabled or uninstalled.
JIRA version 7.10.2
Service Desk version 3.13.2
Further to my last - I have run Integrity checker and find that there are many errors to do with references to missing fields. For example:
ERROR: The field layout item with id 12053 has a reference to the deleted custom field with id customfield_11004. (JRA-4423)
ERROR: The field layout item with id 12055 has a reference to the deleted custom field with id customfield_11005. (JRA-4423)
ERROR: The field layout item with id 11237 has a reference to the deleted custom field with id customfield_11000. (JRA-4423)
Checking the database - select * from fieldlayoutitem where fieldidentifier = 'customfield_11004'; - these seem to be associated with Service Desk and may be part of the problems we are seeing.
How can I clean these up?
This also randomly occurred for me after I applied some new licenses to our application and plugins. A restart fixed it, though I suspect just enabling/disabling any plugin might also work.
Found a similar bug for Jira Cloud: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5223 but no answers there.
Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events