Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk cloud not receiving emails or issues not created

thompson.sanjoto August 14, 2018

Hi Jira SD,

I'm having issues on jira's SD cloud email not receiving any of my emails from my server.

I'm creating my own form (summary and description) since loading the jira's form loads pretty long in China, so the strategy was to host our own form and have our backend send the email directly to the jira's SD cloud email.  

We tested the form to submit other email providers and its receiving it perfectly fine, but when we use Jira's SD cloud email it says its successfully sent but no issue is created. 

Under the hood our backend email server utilizes amazon SES (Simple email service)

We tried to follow the link below and it didn't really work. Anyone have a ideas?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/troubleshooting-issues-with-the-email-channel-732528950.html

1 answer

1 vote
Nabil
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2018

Hi Thompson,

Can you try accessing the mail audit logs as Settings > Applications > Service Desk > Email request. Click on "View log" to find out what is the reason for the emails to not create a ticket. Can you share with me the result to understand the issue?

Regards,

thompson.sanjoto August 15, 2018

Hi Nabil,

The audit logs records the failures!

it shows all my failure sent as "Signup is not currently available" I wonder what that means?

thompson.sanjoto August 15, 2018

seems the signup is not currently available is a common issue on other questions in the forum, I'll see what I can do using their solutions

Nabil
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2018

So it is related to customer permissions. There are 2 places to configure it. Global and Project. See Set up customer permissions. This should help you solve the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events