Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk changes project permissions

Simon Bauer April 6, 2015

Hey everyone,

we've moved some of our projects from a JIRA project to a Service Desk. Problem is: Now our users which do not have a Service Desk Agent license can't track time on these projects. How can I fix that? It has to be possible for an employee to log time on an project without wasting an expensive Service Desk Agent license just for this?!?

P.S.: We use Tempo for time tracking.

Thank you in advance.

//edit

I'm currently checking the permission schemes. We have a JIRA group called "employees" which has the permission to work on an issue from a specific project (in other words: log time on in). But nonetheless our employees aren't able to log time on a project, if Service Desk is activated on that project.

//edit2

Do i have to give the "employee" group the project roll "Service Desk Collaborators" in order to make them able to log time?

//edit3

Could it be that the "permission scheme for Service Desk XYZ" only works for newly created issues? If that's the case, which permission scheme works with the old issues of said project?

6 answers

0 votes
Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2015

I believe a workaround is to make a parallel non-service desk project and book time against that. Fiddly though.

0 votes
Simon Bauer April 8, 2015

Thanks for the replys.

I understand Atlassian wanting to sell as many Service Desk Agent licenses as possible. We've already bought licenses for everyone who works directly at the issues. But we simply can't afford to buy licenses for every collaborator who does a small part on solving a ticket every now and then (for example our developers) just so that he can log his time!
I've already disabled Service Desk on our projects in order to make people able to log time on them again. So basically now we're stuck with a solution we bought and licenses we bought, but we can't use them!
Also, I cant understand how Service Desk is able to prevent JIRA users from logging time via Tempo, as both are different Addons.
I've followed and voted for the suggested features you've linked but well... It's been on "to do" for 4 respectively 8 months now which means Atlassian hasn't even begun to work on that.

In other words: We're screwed.

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2015

I don't understand why Atlassian didn't sell both Service Desk license models. So everyone can choose a license model for there requirements. We are in the happy situation to be a license 1 customer.

0 votes
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015
0 votes
Simon Bauer April 7, 2015

Well but they only need to access and edit the issue from the project view, not the service desk view. Can Collaborators log time on SD issues?

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2015

Hi Simon,

As of right now, only Agents can edit issues, so I'm afraid you are kind of stuck here. If you'd like to check JSD permissions, please check this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/JIRA+Service+Desk+permissions

0 votes
Olivier Albertini April 7, 2015

I have the same problem with tempo timesheet plugin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events