Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk can't reopen Request

Mauricio Gonzalez March 6, 2018

Hello,

When a request enters the "Resolved" or "Closed" status I want  to be able reopen it. The transition shows in the customer portal, however when I click on it, I get prompted for a comment and nothing happens after trying to submit the comment along with the transition. It's worth mentioning that this only happens for Requests created by customers (on test requests I created myself, I can reopen them just fine), even though I have the permission to execute that transition.Capture.PNGworkflow.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018

Are there any conditions on the workflow that could be preventing the issue from transitioning?

No, I have tried as both an administrator and Service desk Customer. What's funny is that this happens for requests created by a customer.

cond.PNG

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018

What are your roles on the Project?

I'm in the Administrators roles, but I also impersonate a user in the Service Desk Customers role with the same outcome.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2018

If you remove the conditions does it work?

Nice idea, but still not working even without conditions. I even went ahead, deleted the transition and created it from scratch with no results.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2018

Can you look at the issue type and ensure that it is using the specified workflow.  Looking at your screenshots there is a discrepancy.  The work from shows Reopen as the transition but the screen shows Reopen issue.

Yes, it's only one issue type and is using this workflow. The discrepancy was because the transition had a property like "set.title.reopen.issue", now that I deleted it and created it again, it matches.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2018

If you remove the screen from the transition does the button work on the issue screen.

mmm... now that I realize I have the transition screen set to "none", so I'm not sure why is showing. Also I tried to transition from the Jira Issue View, and  there it worked, and no screen was shown. But still no luck from the customer portal.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2018

The transition screen you are seeing in the customer portal is required and is placed there when on the transition when you check the box Show transition in the customer portal.  My guess is that there is a post function that the user does not have the proper permissions to perform.  Can you check the post functions and see what is occurring there.

Everything seems fine, I also tried removing the post function that assigns to random user, but the portal doesnt want to work :( 

Capture.PNG

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2018

I think you will need to go to the logs to determine what is occurring when the button is clicked.  Are you in the cloud or locally hosted?  

Mauricio Gonzalez March 8, 2018

Hi, thanks for your help! I think I got it to work, I'm not entirely sure why, but when in "Resolved" status, the issue was assigned to the customer. Now that it is assigned to someone within the company it works. But again, is just a guess. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events