Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk blank comment box

Janene Hoffmann January 19, 2017

JIRA Service Desk
Right now if you leave an internal comment you get a blank comment box but it your write a comment to the customer it put the full name of the customer and the full name of the agent.

Hi Jane Smith,

• Tim Ford

I just want a blank comment box on both, such as like a comment within JIRA.

Is this part of the configuration somewhere, or do I need a plugin to suppress this?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2017

Janene, go to project>project settings>customer notifications> public comment added (and edited) and edit the format there.

project settings / customer notifications

This is on server, is that why I don't see customer notifications you're referring to?

JSD server 3.1.9

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2017

Janene, I checked the documentation. It appears that it is not there in server 3.1 but is in 3.3. I encourage you to use Atlassian documentation as a resource as it is quite good and can easily be searched just like AA but often is a better resource. I also recommend upgrading. Though I do not use server, my observations from AA discussions is that there are very significant improvements.

3.1 - https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver031/configuring-service-desk-notifications-802164756.html

3.3 - https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver033/configuring-service-desk-notifications-861255295.html

cheers,

j

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events