Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk behind nginx proxy: integration of Confluence

Christian S January 23, 2018

I run Atlassian products on a local machine with the hostname myhostname. Jira and Service Desk run on port 8080. Confluence on port 8090.

I now want to open the service desk to traffic from outside, so that it is reachable via helpdesk.mydomain.com/servicedesk. A remote server on which nginx runs works as a proxy in this scenario.

So far, so good.

I''ve successfully set up the proxy and Atlassian Service Desk is now reachable via the internet.  However, the problem starts when it comes to the Confluence knowledge base.

The error I get on the Front End:

The webpage at https://myhostname:8090/plugins/servlet/remotepageview?pageId=... might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

I guess I have to set some settings on the local machine in an Atlassian config file? But I can't figure out what and which.

1 answer

0 votes
Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

Looks like confluence is irritated by the two 'doors' of Jira. Best you configure Confluence to access Jira over its helpdesk.mydomain.com/servicedesk address.

Christian S January 25, 2018

Thanks! However:

1. How do I do that? I cannot find anything like "Jira URL" in the Confluence config files. In server.xml I already tried to replace <Connector keyAlias="myhostname" with "helpdesk.mydomain.com/servicedesk" - the effect was that Confluence did not work anymore neither locally nor via subdomain. Also changing "Server Base URL" over Confluence General Configuration GUI had no effect.
2. I don't want the local access to Confluence via https://myhostname:8090/ to be affected if possible.

Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2018

1. Have you linked both apps via Application Links?

2. You have to close one door at least - his is the reason for the confusion.

Like Rodrigo Lourenco likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events