Service Desk: attachements in email

Hi!

I'm using JIRA Service Desk using response by mail. Here is an example:

• My customer create a ticket
  • My support team receive a notification for this new ticket
  • My support team respond to the notification mail
  • The response is registered and the customer notified.

Fine! But problem, when I respond to a notification, the following images, included in the notification email, aren't dropped with the notification to keep only the new response, but are included in ticket attachement: 1.png2.png3.png

Each time there is a new response these images are duplicated on service desk and appears as broken image in the notification email sent to my customer.

What can I do for that?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

JIRA recommends using custom email templates that truncate the message.

Hi Molly,

I have tried to insert the following line before my signature:

<span style="display:none">---- Original Message ----</span>

So everything under this line is trimmed, except the images (so images of my signature, and images included in the notification on which I respond).

I have found this note dealing about outlook and service desk: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Strip+the+Old+Reply+Data+from+Incoming+Email+When+Using+Outlook

Is that What I should do? I'm not sure because it said that "Customisations to Velocity templates or other JIRA files are not included in the scope of Atlassian Support."

I haven't been able to figure it out myself since I don't have access to the email templates on our server.  I would try to find other similar tickets and ask for help.  It seems some people have figured this out.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

314 views 7 20
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you