Service Desk: attachements in email

Simon G_ July 1, 2015

Hi!

I'm using JIRA Service Desk using response by mail. Here is an example:

• My customer create a ticket
  • My support team receive a notification for this new ticket
  • My support team respond to the notification mail
  • The response is registered and the customer notified.

Fine! But problem, when I respond to a notification, the following images, included in the notification email, aren't dropped with the notification to keep only the new response, but are included in ticket attachement: 1.png2.png3.png

Each time there is a new response these images are duplicated on service desk and appears as broken image in the notification email sent to my customer.

What can I do for that?

3 answers

0 votes
molly park July 2, 2015

I haven't been able to figure it out myself since I don't have access to the email templates on our server.  I would try to find other similar tickets and ask for help.  It seems some people have figured this out.

0 votes
Simon G_ July 1, 2015

Hi Molly,

I have tried to insert the following line before my signature:

<span style="display:none">---- Original Message ----</span>

So everything under this line is trimmed, except the images (so images of my signature, and images included in the notification on which I respond).

I have found this note dealing about outlook and service desk: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Strip+the+Old+Reply+Data+from+Incoming+Email+When+Using+Outlook

Is that What I should do? I'm not sure because it said that "Customisations to Velocity templates or other JIRA files are not included in the scope of Atlassian Support."

0 votes
molly park July 1, 2015

JIRA recommends using custom email templates that truncate the message.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events