Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk and JIRA optimization

Ali Azzam August 25, 2017

Hello. 

I have investigated a development process for optimize the integration between JIRA and service desk.. 

We want our customers (Service desk users), to both follow the SD status AND the linked JIRA case status, if there is a JIRA case linked. 

Then the customers can follow our internal work process and don't need to ask us for an update on their support case.

I have attached a picture. The green boxes show a picture where the customer can see both the SD status and linked JIRA status. 

SD AND JIRA connection.png

So my big question is... Can this scenario be possible?

Best regards
Ali Azzam

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2017

No.  The point of the Service Desk is that it keeps things simple for the customer and doesn't expose your internal processes or data to them.  The intention is that your agents should be updating your users with appropriate updates, and if you want the customers to see the internal processes, then they should be JIRA users, and might not even need the portal interface.

But, as ever, you can do things with code.  You might be able to find something that does it in the marketplace, or write your own

Ali Azzam August 25, 2017

Thanks for the reply.

Keeping things and process simple for the customers, will only be optimized in this case. They will have a better overview and it will only fill "one line" at their screen.

I was hoping there was that kind of optimization. It`s a great service upgrade for our customers.

I was also hoping that someone maybe have tried and implement it already.

BR
Ali

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events