Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Workflow "Add approval" option unavailable

Eric Cross April 10, 2017

I am building a workflow for a Change Request issue within a Service Desk project.  When selecting a status to add an approval step, I do not receive the check box to "Add approval."  I am running JIRA 7.1.10.

I understand this workflow needs to be tied to a "Service Desk" project; I have attached screen shots showing the project is a Service Desk and the "Add approval" checkbox is missing.

Thank you for your help.

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 2.12.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-10 at 2.14.02 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2017

This feature came in JSD 3.2 which required JIRA 7.2, so you will need to upgrade.

Eric Cross April 12, 2017

Thanks for the guidance.  I will perform the upgrade to add this functionality.

Thank You,

Eric

elisa October 9, 2017

Yeah, but no.

We're on JSD 3.6.4 and JIRA 7.4 but I still don't see the "Add Approval" option. But as I figured out it can only be used for active workflows. So you gotta implement it first to activate that function somehow.

If I haven't "acitvated" it (and therefore I have to create a new SD-project) I can't use that function. To me this is too complicated to implement it - creating a project for getting the workflow, then deleting the project agein.

Thanks in advance for better ideas.

Chris Evans April 11, 2019

Add a currently unused Issue Type to the Issue Type Scheme for your project and associate the workflow to that.  Once complete reassign it to the correct issue type and remove the unused one from the scheme.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events