Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk WebHook

Benjamin Ruoff August 23, 2016

Is it possible to create a WebHook that triggers everytime a new Service Desk Issue is created?

For normal JIRA Software Projects everything works fine, everytime a issue is created it triggers a webhook and the other software gets notified. I tried the same Setup with Service Desk but nothing happens. 

1 answer

0 votes
Yuting Qin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2016

Yep, you can do it via automation.

image2016-8-24 16:5:35.png

Benjamin Ruoff August 23, 2016

Yeah thats what the Support also told me. But as a matter of fact the Webhook is not a standard option for the "THEN" part.

Do I really have to follow this tutorial to extend Automation Rule Components to create custom actions and add Webhook as one of the actions?

Thats would be not so cool... 

Yuting Qin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2016

If you are on cloud, it should be there already, you don't have to do anything to get it work.

If you are on server, this is newly added in JIRA ServiceDesk 3.2.0 which been released yesterday. You probably need to upgrade to get it.

Benjamin Ruoff August 25, 2016

Well I'm on Server and I don't see the update from 3.1.9 to 3.2 at the moment.

Funny that the customer Support didn't know about that it will be there in 3.2, they pointed me to the tutorial I linked above.

Yuting Qin
Atlassian Team
August 25, 2016

3.2 only finalized release date in the last day or two, they may don't want to point you to something which does not have a set available date.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events