Service Desk Team can't self-assign issues

Kathleen Ellis October 27, 2017

We've just begun our transition to Jira Service Desk, and it looks like my Service Desk Team Members can't assign issues to themselves.

The Issue Permissions page says that permission is given to Service Desk Team and Administrators, but only the Administrators can self-assign.

What am I missing?  Many thanks!

3 answers

2 votes
Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

@Kathleen Ellis, does Danny have a Service Desk license?  In the first screenshot, the only license next to his name is Software. You could double check his application access by opening his user profile under Site Administration. 

I think it's possible to add someone to the Service Desk Team role without actually granting them a Service Desk license, which is confusing but might lead to the problem you're describing.  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2017

yep bet that is the issue. Go into User Management and click JSD access for Danny.

Kathleen Ellis October 31, 2017

Good eye! I'll talk to my Jira admin about it.

0 votes

Thanks @Jack Brickey, here's what I've got. Lee Ayres and I can "Assign to me", but Danny Schuller cannot.

1.png2.png

From 

Here's what it looks like from Danny's side, where I'd expect to see an "Assign to me" link:

Pasted image at 2017_10_27 05_09 PM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2017

ok. so aside from the "assign to me" link, can Danny click on the assignee and enter any of the service desk members and/or himself.

Kathleen Ellis October 30, 2017

@Jack Brickey, that part of the interface is 'greyed out' and he can't click on it.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2017

@Kathleen Ellis, have you tried editing the permissions to allow Service Desk Team Members to assign issues. Can you provide a screen capture of your current permissions?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events