Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Server - auto decrease holiday date error

Conveniar January 6, 2020

Whenever I edit any calendar information (time, holiday, etc.) all holiday dates are decreased by one day.

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Hey there!

Thanks for noting this. I've been able to reproduce the issue and written it up as a bug: JSDSERVER-6700. While looking into this, I noticed it was very similar to another bug that affects entering the dates - JSDSERVER-6599. This second bug is mostly corrected in the most recent Service Desk releases (4.5.2+, 4.6.0+).

Both issues affect the new Calendars view for working hours introduced in Service Desk 4.4. For this issue specifically, I found two possible workarounds:

1. Add all the Holidays at once, and do not make additional changes to the calendar after clicking Save to add the holidays. This is not ideal, because it means the calendar cannot be easily modified later without triggering the bug.

2. Disable the new Calendar view with a Dark Feature flag. If you choose to implement this workaround, please make a note in your administrative documentation to check if the bug is resolved the next time you upgrade Jira, and remove the dark feature flag.
    1. Go to the darkfeature page: <Jira_URL>/secure/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa
    2. Add the following feature:
      sd.workinghours.new.page.disabled

Thanks again for describing this so we could get the bug documented well. If you have any more concerns about the Calendar / working time views, please let me know!

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

Hi,

Can you tell me what version of Service Desk this is happening on?  I experienced the same problem on 4.5.1.  At first I thought it was an input error on our behalf, but now I'm thinking this is an actual bug.

Susan

Conveniar January 7, 2020

4.6.0, but the problem has already been happening in several versions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events