Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk - Scrum Board Filter Query

pedro.bergmann June 30, 2020
  1. I created a Service Desk to collect tech escalations. 
  2. Through Jira Automation, different service desk tickets are labeled with respective tech projects (Website, Core, etc...)
  3. I want to setup Scrum boards in each dedicated tech project, and set filter queries to collect the respective service desk tickets with the corresponding labels (Website, Core, etc...). This will allow teams to work on these tickets within their existing projects. 

The filter queries are not working. 

Example filter query from Website Project scrum board: project = SERVICEDESK AND labels = WEBSITE

I am unable to view any tickets opened in the service desk with label WEBSITE. 

What am I doing wrong? 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2020

Hello @pedro.bergmann

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand that the JQL query "project = SERVICEDESK AND labels = WEBSITE" is not returning any issues, although you have issues labeled with "WEBSITE" in the SERVICEDESK project. Is that correct?

In order to better troubleshoot the problem and confirm we are on the same page, please provide us with the information below:

1. Where exactly are you running the JQL query? I mean, when you say " I'm unable to view any tickets opened in the service desk with label WEBSITE", are you checking the issue navigator page (Filter) or the Jira board itself?
  2. Can you provide us two screenshots displaying the JQL query you are running and any issues that are matching that JQL but not appearing?
  3. Can you confirm if you are using a Next-gen or Classic Service desk project?
  4. If the you are not being able to return the issues you need in the board but the issues are properly returned in the issue navigator when using the board query, navigate to the board > Click on the "..." menu > Board settings > Columns and check if the issues are properly mapped in the board columns

Let us know if you have any questions.

pedro.bergmann July 2, 2020

Hi Petter, thanks for your help!

You are correct, the issues are visible in the issue navigator (Filter) page but they are not visible when that same filter is applied to the board itself. 

Could this be because the service desk is using a different workflow than the project where I want to view the tickets? 

• I am using a Classic Service Desks project
  • All issues created in the Service Desk are labeled with WEBSITE
  • The JQL query: project = SERVICEDESK AND labels = WEBSITE is correct

I will also try your suggested remedy of column mapping.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2020

Hello @pedro.bergmann

Thank you for the details.

Since the issues are properly displayed in the Issue navigator but not on the board, it's 100% correct to say that the problem is in the Board settings or an incompatible project type (In case the Service desk project is Next-gen).

The column mapping I suggested before is used to address the Service desk workflow status in the board column and it's typically the root cause for the problem you are facing. Apart from that, I suggest you check the following:

• Confirm if you are using a Classic Service desk project, not Next-gen
  • If you are using a Kanban Board, Check under Project settings > General if a sub-filter is not removing the issues from the board view
  • Under board settings > Swimlanes, confirm the option "No Swimlanes" is configured
  • Confirm if you have any Quick filters applied to the board (Under Board settings > Quick filters)

Let us know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events