Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Reports: how exactly data series work

Michal Blazejczyk October 24, 2019

Hello,

I am creating some reports in Service Desk and I would like to know where I can find detailed explanations of the various built-in data series.  For instance, if I choose "Time to resolution - Breached" and then I see one ticket being listed on a specific date - what does it mean, exactly?  Is this explained somewhere?

One of the reasons I find it confusing is that "Time to resolution - Breached" always has an elevated number of tickets listed with today's date:

• Typically, the number is zero.
  • On some past dates, it is one or two.
  • But on the last day of the report (today) the number will always be something like 10 or 15.

Thanks,
Michal

1 answer

1 vote
Emma Young
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2019

Hi Michal,

I'm Emma, a developer on the Jira Service Desk team.

Our documentation for reports is located here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/discover-new-trends-with-service-desk-reports/. But it is more of a broad overview of the reports feature as a whole.

To answer your question about "Time to resolution - Breached", the date associated to a ticket is the date that ticket's SLA was completed. This means that any tickets that have their SLA breached but are still ongoing will show up on the report on the last day (i.e. today).

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Emma

Michal Blazejczyk October 26, 2019

Thank you, Emma.

This is sufficient for this particular scenario (data series).  What about the others?  Are they really not documented in detail?

The difficulty I have is that if I am to use a report to present results to my upper management, I want to be 100% confident that I know what I am looking at…

Best,
Michal

Emma Young
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2019

Hi Michal,

From what I can see unfortunately not, I can't find any detailed documentation for the data series. In the meantime I've let our team who is responsible for the docs know that we're missing this information. 

So sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks,
Emma

Michal Blazejczyk October 30, 2019

Thanks  :)

Can you add this to the backlog for the documentation team?  :)

Best,
Michal

Like Emma Young likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events