Service Desk Report dashboard gadget for JSD Server

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2017

Hello everyone!

We've recently migrated from JSD Cloud to Server (Jira 7.41 and JSD 3.6.1) and noticed that there is no "Service Desk Report" dashboard gadget available in Server. The "Service Desk Reports Plugin" by Atlassian that comes bundled with JSD is responsible for having this gadget, among other things. However if you compare Cloud and Server versions of this plugin, Cloud has 31 modules against only 17 in Server. And two modules in particular "custom-report-dashboard-item-resources" and "custom-report-dashboard-item", I image they are the ones responsible for said dashboard gadget. Well these two modules are simply not present in ther Server version of the plugin.

I was wondering if there is a way to manually add these two modules somehow?

4 answers

0 votes
Nicole Downes September 2, 2019

Not having used cloud extensively, but migrating from cloud to server, many of our staff complained about not having the same visibility for reporting SD issues in a dashboard.

There is a free (server) gauge gadget that displays counts. It may not solve your problem, but it is a nice to have, if you have nothing else.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211976/gauge-gadget?hosting=server&tab=overview

0 votes
Ra Acosta August 19, 2019

One year later I am also facing the same issue. Is there any solution considered? or would it just be a Cloud exclusive Feature?

0 votes
John W May 31, 2018

Also coming up against this  - difficult to present JSD info into a dashboard without it...

0 votes
Harsh Pruthi March 28, 2018

I am also facing exactly the same restrictions. No able to add Service Desk Report Gadget to my  dashboard as it is not there in the JSD Server instance. It was very much present in the cloud version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events